Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm a crime victim...DAMN...DAMN...DAMN the thief!

Due to rain and an accident on the way to work, I arrived late and had to park at a shady and secluded spot not very far from the factory's Main gate. This spot, although shady and comfy, is a feared spot as it has the history of car theft and intrusion as nobody can really see it. Not even anyone from the 3 factories surrounding it.

It just wasn't my day. Read along.

I was shocked when I walked to my car after work yesterday to find the door handle lifted up at the driver's side as I never left my car in that kind of condition ever. Then I noticed a hand mark there as the car was dusty from the environment. I was even more shocked when I saw that the door was unlocked. Then, I realized that my glove compartment was wide open and some of the Post Office utility forms I kept in there for convenience were scattered on the passenger seat.

My car had been 'burgled'!

I got in and checked around. As expected, ALL the coins I kept in the little coin compartment were gone. Not a cent left. I noticed that the driver's seat had been pushed back a little. So, the thief must be a man and NOT a small schoolkid. That coin compartment was full and I believe that it was worth at least MYR10 in there.

In my opinion, though the culprit was a man's size, he must be either young or inexperienced as the only thing he took away was the money. He was stupid enough not to try to get other valuables such as my car tools, my leather boots or any component of my sound system like the speakers or the hidden amp. Ok. My car stereo is old and unstylish and this is the reason why I've been refusing to replace it for an upmarket model. It's good that my car stereo is unappealing. If not, I'm sure it wouldn't be there anymore today. Oh, the intruder was also quite IT-blind as the pendrive I use to store my MP3s was safe in its place. The thief didn't even bother with my FM Modulator. Obviously he didn't know what it was. Not like that the thing is expensive but it was worth about MYR30. My biggest relief must be how the thief did not run off with my brand new car tyres. They're only 3 months old. That would make me scream.

I sat there feeling sad over the incident. My car is my life. It's a symbol of my independence. She was the only thing I could afford and I certainly do not have the money to buy a new one now. When some heartless monster forced 'itself' into her like that, I feel like a chunk of me had been stabbed and ripped out.

I called my colleague who was still in the office when I walked out and told him about the incident. He was sympathetic and it brought back the memories of some unfortunate members of the company whose cars got broken into literally. At least, this thief didn't smash my window or something like it. That would cost more dents in my already dented pocket.

I need to have the car locking system fixed again. I don't know what the thief had done to the lock as it was incredibly tight and squeaky and difficult to turn.

So, today, I had to choose a parking space at a very sunny spot where the guards from another factory nearby could see the car and I could watch it from the back warehouse of our factory. The only drawback is the car would be scorching hot when I get in after work but it is still a minor inconvenience compared to losing the car altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment