Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Monday, January 5, 2009

5th January.....it's my mother's birthday....and I'm still on leave....yeah!

Almost ended up going to work today.

Up till last night ....midnight.....I was still under the vague impression that my forced leave should start today. Even ironed my uniform last night. Somehow I had a modicum of common sense to reconfirm with the company calendar given to each employee at every year end.

There! 5th January is a company rest day. It's 1st day at school for kids. Apparently, our HR Manager also has a kid registering for 1st day of school. That's why he arranged today to be 'rest day'.

Enough of work. It's my mother's birthday today. Thus this leaves me with plenty of time to make the cake I wanted for days. A vanilla sponge. But I also just found an American Chocolate recipe which looks quite tempting, Maybe I should do both.

No comments:

Post a Comment