Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Saturday, January 3, 2009

How I ended Year 2008......crash...bang...boom!

zwani.com myspace graphic comments


Hmm....not really. I'm not talking fireworks or parties.


Ok. The best thing that happened to me in 2008 is still the above Rank C bonus which I didn't take long to spend at least 1/3 of it before 2009 kicked in.

Looking back, with hesitation I'm forced to admit that maybe age is taking away just a little bit of my 'youthfulness'. I've noticed how I've become a bit clumsy when I kept on dropping flour, sugar and salt during my few baking adventures lately.

The worst sign of my 'ageing' surely is the time I lost one of my credit cards in Week 2 December 2008. Don't ask me which date. I don't remember. Just got a message from the bank alerting me of not fulfilling my 12 transaction requirement to qualify for the annual fee waiver. So, in a rush to make my transaction countdown, the poor credit card disappeared somewhere. I only realised it the next afternoon when I wanted to use it for petrol and saw that it wasn't there. Frantically called the bank to block the card and asked for a replacement. Thanks Heaven no fraud had been detected. Well, with only a tiny maximum limit, my card wouldn't be very attractive to a frauder.

Once the new card arrived just 3 days before New Year, I went on a 'spending spree' again. Well, I might as well got myself the things I would end up buying in cash anyway. Adding stock of my Olay Total Effects creams/serums. Adding my Twilight saga vampires series books. Bought another Children's bookabout a boy who grew up on a cemetery brought up by ghosts.........interesting......why I never thought of that? Anyway, if I were to spend away MYR75, it's better spent on myself rather than let it go to the banker right?

I also kind of ruined my nephew's birthday on 31st December. I wanted to make a fresh cream frosted cake but my cream turned to butter. It's my second failure to whip cream. I checked on You Tube to see the correct way of doing it. No wonder, I got it all wrong. Haha.....they say get everything cold first....the cream and the equipment.

It's been a long time since I last posted any recipes or my baking disaster story here. I should start again this year. I have some stories in the bag. Failures and successes.

I hope to make some side income this year but I'm not sure how.

Oh...what a start of a new year.....by not knowing what to do.

zwani.com myspace graphic comments



But hope can always knock from inside my Pandora's box.

No comments:

Post a Comment