Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Friday, December 26, 2008

It's Boxing Day.......26th December!


It's Boxing Day today!

In the UK that is. I can never let go of my attachment to my 'adopted' country.

My friends are puzzled when I talk of Boxing Day here as it sounds too bizarre for them. Sure, the only 'boxing' they know is the 'punching' kind. I told them that traditionally, after Christmas, people would pack up things they want to give away to charities in boxes. That's why it's called Boxing Day. You 'box' things up.

However, in these days and age, Boxing Day is the time when huge Stores hold big sales to clear up their Christmas stock. That's why we, the students, loved the day over there. The only problem we had was there usually was no public transport on that day since it was still holiday time. So, we'd go around on foot.

Oh, I came in late today. It was raining and my bed felt like a magnet pulling me towards it like a sucking motion. It was THAT hard to get up.

Therefore, I missed the morning meeting and I didn't know whether Mr. B joined the meeting or not that I wasn't there. I still don't know whether he did by the time I'm typing this. I'm not too bothered to find out.

Why bother? I have a deadline tomorrow and my nephew's birthday is coming on 31st.

I want to enjoy things with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment