Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's 25th December today!

I'm grateful that it's 25th December today meaning........it's Christmas..........meaning.........it's a Public Holiday.

After all the fiasco about bonus on Monday, a break is so much welcomed.

Spent the later part of the morning looking for things to buy in a cake supplies shop in the centre of the old Melaka town (now a city).

Got myself the cake tins I'd been looking for. The handmade 9"x9" aluminium square tin instead of the usual machine-extruded ones in big supermarkets. What I love about this baking tin is its sides are vertically straighter than the tapering-out-at-the-top-machine-made one, making it more suitable for layer cakes. I'm still dreaming of making a layer cake someday.

Overall, what I bought today are:

1. 9"x9" square handmade aluminum cake tin with a hood for steam cake recipes
2. 7.5"x7.5" square handmade aluminium cake tin
3. 9" round handmade aluminium cake tin
4. 7.5" round handmade aluminium cake tin
5. Glucose syrup
6. Heavy duty hand glove
7. Reusable baking parchment
8. Watermelon scoop
9. A round 2.5" cookie cutter
10. 1kg high protein flour
11. Mini curry puffs mould to replace the ones I bought but only God knows where they are now

Next time, I'm gonna get myself the following:

1. Rotating cake stand
2. Muffin baking trays.....they are readily shaped for muffins meaning it's okay now to bake muffins without the paper cups.

Left my name for a bargain-price 'buttercream decorating' class next year. I can't believe I just did that.

Oh, I even commit myself for a fondant decorating class somewhere in KL February next year. Expensive this one! I can't believe I agreed to it but hey, I need to get that experience of seeing an expert doing the job.

Besides, paying for a cake-deco class is so much better than paying for a health club membership (come on....you know you won't end up with a body like Jennifer Aniston anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment