Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm 35 today!

Things didn't go off on a good start.

Last night, I thought I wanted to try out my new oven ELBA 1912SS with 1200watt power. So, as it would be my birthday today, I decided to bake something for me. The Nestle Toll House Cookies. I delayed this since last weekend.

I knew having any new electrical equipment would be equivalent to setting a fire under any chair my father would sit on. As I guessed it, he came over and said how the oven would consume very high electricity.

I felt irritated and said "I'll pay for its electricity consumption!". I'm sick of having burnt cakes.

It's unfair. My brothers could play video games all day and night, have the fans running 24hrs coz they never bother turning it off so that they won't make another task of having to switch them back or watch the satellite TV all night till morning which I PAY btw yet they get away with it. My father never asked them even once to help pay the electricity bill of which they are the highest consumers in the house.

I don't mind paying for my consumption. After all, if I live on my own, I'd have to pay it anyway. However, I do wish everybody had the same conscience. Wishful thinking.

I'm 35 today. My wish is at least I'm allowed to have hobbies without an old man nagging me. If I were a burden in this house, I would be obliged to move out. I'm dreading thinking about moving to my tiny property at that location with neighbours from hell. One of which had stolen my dustbin.

No comments:

Post a Comment