Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I see myself "kow-tow"ing to the system.....blessing or curse?

I did talk about my anger about the forced car scrap thingy. Yes, I was furious.

Today, I found myself leaning more and more towards the system. I'm starting to behave like the failed hippie who has started to wear business suits because she needs the money and has to leave behind her ideal dreams.

Ok. I stopped by at a major supermarket where they always have car salesmen doing promotion outside at the entrance.

I purposely walked to a car on display and appeared interested in one of the price flyers. A smiley salesman came to me pitching a sale. He looked like one of my relatives so I immediately felt at ease with him.

Ok. Back to the car. After a lot of thinking and consideration over the past 2 months, I think I might be settling for this model. Perodua Viva 1.0 Manual Transmission.

perodua viva

Of course, in my dreams, I would have preferred to get the Premium Auto Transmission MyVi or a High End AMT Proton Savvy but those two are well beyond what my bank account could reach.

perodua-myvi savvy silver front
Myvi(left) and Savvy(right)


My old man reminded me a few weeks ago that the MYR5K voucher that the national car makers are giving out in exchange of old cars would expire by the end of this year. Sadly, the salesman confirmed that the info was true.

Therefore, I would have to give up my car much earlier than what I expected. I was hoping of taking the new car next year. With this piece of news, it's very much unlikely.

Why oh why?

Oh, the salesman dropped another bomb on my head. The Viva 1.0 is now only available as Viva Elite. A sportier-looking update which I'm not too keen of. I prefer the clean and smooth appearance of the original Viva.

Perodua Viva Elite Black Front
The Viva Elite.
I won't choose this colour. I'm weighing between the exquisite Pearl Jade or the easier-to-maintain Metallic Silver.

Perodua Viva Elite Black Rear
The Viva Elite Rear.
I feel that the look is too 'busy'. Guys would like it. I still prefer the original smooth look. Those are 14-inch rims btw.

There is only one thing that keeps me on the positive. Who would have thought that I would buy one important point that a car salesman made?

The car salesman casually asked have we all ever felt hesitation and worries when we have to do a long journey with our 17-year-old car?

The question struck a nerve in me.

Yes, I do feel worries nowadays when I need to travel outside my tiny home state. What if my car stalled somewhere miles away from home?

Ok. That's a very good reason to get a new car.

Would I cry over giving up my well-serving little car? Possibly. It held many memories for me. Sometimes, we do have to believe in goodbyes.

2 comments:

  1. hmm..yes..:(
    I can understand u..and u have right..Im sorry..smiles..but all are for the best..Dont be upset..be happy..btw..u have a beautiful blog and interesting topics..in there
    GRATZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Thank u for stopping by.
    Yes, it's sad having to let go of my car but when you are one of the 'little people', you just have to move with the flow or end up getting stomped all over.

    ReplyDelete