Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Patience is a virtue.......(which I do not have)

Just last night I declared on this blog that I wanted to be more disciplined in the way of my words in this month of Ramadhan.

Guess what?

I failed miserably today.

Me, the Manager and a colleague were supposed to have a meeting today with the Factory Manager but it got postponed to tomorrow.

Conveniently, my colleague and the Manager have a business trip to a Supplier tomorrow leaving me and the new Japanese guy in the office to attend the meeting tomorrow.

zwani.com myspace graphic comments


I was so angry because this is like the umpteenth time that my Manager wouldn't attend any important meeting, events etc at work. He's always out or on leave or on sick leave especially when there is a Customer Audit.

An important Customer is coming from Japan next week and this meeting is crucial. The Manager needs to know how to represent us well. He can easily cancel the trip to the Supplier. That supplier is not that important to go to anyway as they are a customer-appointed one.

I'm not happy because last week, the Manager was out on business trip on our Internal Audit day. The week before, he didn't attend the presentation we had to do for SONY members after he promised them to. I was divided between two events that day. The SONY presentation and another Environmental meeting with the Factory Manager. Yes, I attended both and had to answer grilling questions from SONY.

Oh, it wasn't the first SONY presentation he didn't attend. In fact, in all the years I've been here, he never attended any. Oh, he even asked me to leave in the middle of my audit training to attend a meeting which I flatly refused.

This is unfair!

No comments:

Post a Comment