Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My posts have been missing pictures lately...

I know.....I know....it's hard not to notice.

When I started this blog, I was determined to have at least 1 photo accompanying each of my posts. I believe a picture speaks a thousand words. However, lately I haven't been able to do so very well.

The screenshot of the Webshots Photo-sharing site 'welcome page'

You see, I host most of my pictures on Webshots - a photo sharing site. I like the easy interface. easier than Flickr in my opinion and certainly way way better than the ever-confusing Imageshack. However, my biggest gripe about Webshots is it's incredibly slow. It wasn't slow 2 years ago when I first trawled it for pictures of young Tokio Hotel band members.

Nowadays, even going to the 'welcome page' seems to take FOREVER. Maybe the folks at Webshots need to upgrade the server. After all, they claim to have 624 million photos there the last time I checked.

So far, my blog loads quite ok and there are people who have no trouble at all viewing it so I still say that Webshots can still do a decent job at image-hosting.

OK. So why wouldn't I simply upload pictures to Blogger? The answer is I'm a sucker for freeloading especially when it's legal. I do want to keep my blog free forever. With my penchant for putting up pictures whenever I can, it's easy to use up the free space given by Blogger.

Well, then. Some people say 'beggars can't be choosers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment