It's hard to ignore the fact that the world still sees
Knowing the bureaucracy of this country didn’t help either. I just thought why should it be any different this time?
However, I think overall, the show did have improvements compared to its original Asian inception a few years ago. We were still given 3rd rate treatment though (very few performance slots for us).
What I'm thankful for:
2. What's MTV Awards without hook-ups by different artists? I'm fully satisfied with the hook-up segments this time which had been fully Asians.
The Click Five, who had been to this country a few times before, infused their song with the Malaysian traditional percussion instrument the "kompang" which I can best describe as a lighter version of the Celtic 'bodhran'. The difference is we play it by hitting its goat skin surface directly with the palm of our hand.
4. The Pussycat Dolls actually had clothes on. Surprise! Surprise!
What I'm glad they got rid off:
1. The notion that we can't speak English
2. The idea that Asians are karaoke singers’ level. I can’t forget that cringe-inducing duet between
What I have to live by:
1. That big names won't come here. The international music artists who came were the new ones who mainly have 1 or 2 albums to their names. Let's see. Panic at the Disco, The Click Five, Leona Lewis, OneRepublic, Pussycat Dolls and not to forget Jared Leto himself.
What the International stars have to live by:
1. The podium and microphone will always be designed to suit Asian bodies in our award shows.....he...he.... Sorry. You will have to hunch down your 6-foot statures for us.
What I'm surprised and disappointed by:
1. No Japanese! Why were the Japanese artists excluded totally? The Japanese is
2. Neither were the lively Indian stars there.
What I think ALL singers should have done:
1. Learn from Leona Lewis on how to sing live. That girl's singing is phenomenal. Perfect like a CD.
What I think the event organizer should have done:
1. Fillers...! They must learn this lesson from
What I think I should have done:
1. Auditioned for the Mosh Pit crowd. 'nuff said. Bladders? Pampers, here I come :-)
2. Left for Genting Highland anyway and prayed that I'd bump into Jared Leto..........ah....dream.
3. Should I meet Jared, I'd trick him into riding that super-slow "caterpillar" ride at the
The last time a friend of mine took that ride, he went "missing" for what seemed like 1 whole hour. It’s THAT slow. I’d love to get stuck in that stupid ride with Jared *:-)*
Who do I think should have sponsored the event:
The look on the boys of the Filipino band Chicosci after they hugged the Pussycat Dolls...........PRICELESS.