Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm not even worth MYR50 to my company

Got our new salary today. Very very disappointing. As I'm typing this, I'm trying to hold back the sadness that feels like a heavy stone in my chest. I am very very sad that I am not even worth MYR50 to this company that I've been working like a slave for in the past 10 years.

The last time I felt this way was when they "upgraded" me to the non-overtime-entitlement salary bracket. It was so minuscule that I spent that whole year suffering from paycheck to paycheck scratching my head and scraping to the very bottom of my bank account to pay my car, petrol and bills.

I'm not even worth MYR50. What do I have to prove to the management for monetary appreciation? It seems like nothing I can do would get them to notice my contribution. They only pick me to do things that everybody else is not capable to do. That's all.

This "increment" is not even enough to cover my weekly petrol expenses. It's so comical that before handing over the payslips to my subordinates, I gave a short speech congratulating them and asking them to be grateful for whatever they would get. What a hypocrite I am.

No! I deserve what I wish for. Please Almighty, please open up a whole new world for me and take me through a new road where the path is obstacle-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment