Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust?


Another colleague came to me today saying she had gone for a job interview yesterday for a similar post to her current one at a rival company. Out of respect for me as her section head, she told me about it as by now everybody in the office know how annoyed I am at the way my members are being poached by other employers for their skills which WE developed.

I'm tired of training people, giving them confidence and skills just to have them taken away later. Our section is notorious for having the highest manpower turnover since its inception. Though I'm not one of its original pioneer members, resignation after resignation had in the end elevated me to the section leader post. I'm more than happy to boast that I've always had the best people working with me.

I still remember her as she was first sent to us. Naive, couldn't read engineering drawings to save her life, no confidence at her own English and computer skills but was very willing to learn and listen. But from that first day, I knew she had an untapped potential and within a few months, she proved it.

We certainly can't afford to lose TWO crucial members within 1 month of each other. Anyway, this time, I'm going to wrestle my way to keep her. With that thought, I hope I can continue the days with a
smile as wide as my Purple Cow here.......!

No comments:

Post a Comment