Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Chillies oh chillies.....!

Had one heck of a day at work yesterday when my tummy got upset like hell. The day before, I bought myself some Prawn Fritters at the nearby beach after work with this read fresh chillies as its sauce.

Brought it home and my sister-in-law commented that the sauce was hot and I said no. I remember pouring spoon after spoon of the sauce onto my fritters and happily devoured them clean.

The next morning, I woke up with this uneasiness inside my belly but I managed to go to work anyway. By 9.30am, the pain became more acute that I had to visit the internal industrial clinic for some cure. By 10.30am, I had to come to the clinic again because the pain didn't go away. Got to rest at the clinic's sick bay but it was useless. I kept on tossing and turning, sitting upright, lying down, whatever.

Somehow I managed to stay at the office till the end of office hours. Got home feeling sick. Had to down at least SIX different pills from the clinic.

OK. I'll never ever buy those fritters again. Not with that sauce. I'm sure it wasn't cooked enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment