Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Monday, April 21, 2008

Deutsch Musik Continues........

Having my You Tube fix again tonight.

Discovered another German band called Silbermond (silver moon). First found that word in the Deutsch version of the Disney song Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas which I'm still struggling to memorize and understand at the same time).



Back to the band, I was pleasantly surprised that they actually play soft, half acoustic, AOR-influenced music. Evidently, from the songs I've heard so far anyway. Very much the type I like to listen to.

Stumbled upon Revolverheld quite awhile ago. At first, they were a bit like Hootie and the Blowfish to my ears but the recent addition to their channel shows that the band is going for a more commercial sound with Generation Rock. Now they sound like a lot of other bands out there.

Oh.....couldn't get that Cinema Bizarre's Forever or Never out of my head for days around two weeks ago. Amazed at how all those influences they mentioned (Duran Duran, 80s, Bowie and of course Visual Kei) actually can be listened to in their music.



Having a pretty singer doesn't hurt either. I hope they're all straight.... :-)

When I feel low, I like to think of that EMA 07 performance of Tokio Hotel. When you're pretty and overly-popular, you're bound to get many haters. It still amazes me that they started the performance with loud boos from the audience but they battled on by putting one of the best stage performances I've ever seen in my life and ended it with a huge applause and cheers from the very same audience! If only people would open their minds.....*sigh*

Oh I believe those TH boys live by the Law of Attraction whether they realize it or not. I mean, they, especially the twins, have always channeled their energy and focus on making it in the music world in whatever way. You don't feel any negative vibes coming from them in the way that they conduct themselves. Hope they can hold themselves together for a long long time. I've seen many bands crumble when the negative vibes start to rear their ugly heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment