Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Monday, April 21, 2008

Shock the Manager!

My girl colleague made her decision today about resigning and starting a new life at the rival company. Told her if her reason is more than just money, I wouldn't fight for a salary raise on her behalf.

I was calm today as opposed to last week. Broke the news to my Manager. He laughed not knowing what to say. The high manpower turnover issue came up again but I responded saying it was all fate that our members seemed to attract great offers from other companies.

Hey.....the management MUST replace our manpower loss soon or they'll suffer. We are not going to go over the mountain, walk on fire or jump over the moon for them. You want the job done, you do the human resource ok.

Anyway, I'm quite surprised at my easiness of letting her go. Another piece of life wisdom from the "Law of Attraction" book had been firmly planted in my mind....."Think that you have made a difference in someone's life". I took it positively that letting her go is me making a difference in her somewhat dire financial situation here. This way, she'll have a better future. She might thank me someday for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment