Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Vibrate Yourself and Reach for Your Mate

Haha. I’m not suggesting any sexual connotation with this title. My reading into the Law of Attraction philosophy has brought me to a concept of “Vibration” in search of a life partner. It’s hard for me not to find this hilarious although by no means am I rejecting the idea.

I first heard of it from my buddy who said a senior friend told her that “in order to let the man of your dreams know about your existence, you must vibrate and vibrate your aura so that the universe will bring it to him because he’s somewhere out there at the moment”. I laughed hysterically at that time. So hard that my stomach hurt. Little did I know that in other parts of the world, there are people who are actually holding on to that same philosophy.

Have I ever subconsciously employ the “vibration” theory in my life? Ok. When I was 14, Don Dokken was the guy I wanted. Then at age 15, Tom Keifer was my dream man for a few months before discovering he was married.….. hehe. 20 years on, both men are happily settled and I’m still vibratingly single.

Tom Keifer 1

Tom Keifer of Cinderella. He's beautiful!

I guess my vibration didn’t travel long enough to cross the Pacific Oceans and it certainly forgot to ask the universe where the most powerful satellite was.

No comments:

Post a Comment