Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Emancipation of Mimi at Mega Mall

My brother started his new job as a display artist today at the Mega Mall.

He left for the capital city of Kuala Lumpur (KL) yesterday and I didn't get to see him off for I arrived home at 9.00pm.

How time flew.

Mimi and Me at home 1978

To me, it's still just like yesterday when he was still this fat adorable baby.

He and I are a bit special in the family because between me and him is a gap of FOUR years and between him and the next brother is also FOUR years.

Mimi and Me Pahlawan Square Melaka 1978

This picture was taken by our father at the Pahlawan Square in 1978 when it was still a football field and a playground. Now it's a shopping mall and not a single patch of grass.

We didn't know that he was born with the natural talent for Art but everybody knew he was something special. We affectionately nicknamed him Mimi or sometimes Muhammad Ali for his body shape.

Haha.....my brother is stick thin now and has been trying to add the pounds for years. Hey bro, I can donate you some of my fat!

Vadaii

His favourite delicacy from the local night market

Stopped by at the night market and bought these. His favourite delicacies from the night market. The Indian Vadai!

When he was a kid, an uncle tricked him into eating the Vadai with the fresh chillies and he did it! With the tears coming later of course. The look on his face was priceless! Now that he's a man, he laughs at that incident and happily chewed the chillies when he eats the Vadai.

Well Bro, good luck and all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment