Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Vanilla Muffins Recipe 1

This is my third attempt at making Vanilla Muffins. I liked the crispy outside or was it my oven?

Vanilla Muffins

Ingredients:
360g self-raising flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
125g caster sugar
125g butter
125ml fresh milk
2 egss beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
1. Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs one by one then the vanilla. Continue beating
3. Add in dry ingredients i.e flour and soda. Mix well.
4. Add in the milk little by little till all the lumpy bits dissolve.
5. Bake till brown. Please ensure that the oven has been pre-heated first to 180 deg C.

The recipe can yield about 24 normal-sized muffins.

Vanilla Muffins inside Texture 3

I actually halved the recipe fearing I might waste more food if the recipe turned out a disaster.

Fret not. My siblings demolished the things in no time at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment