Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Friday, July 18, 2008

The Fruit Season is here!

I have a reason to celebrate. It’s the fruit season!

Rambutan season is here

Just open the old door on the left side of my parents’ house and you will see two Rambutan trees. One is so low to the ground and one is at the back there where the monkeys party like an open Zoo.

Little boy under the Rambutan Tree 1

So low to the ground that my 4-year-old nephew can easily pick a fruit off of its branch.

Picks of the Day Rambutan

Our 'harvest" for the day

Rambutan is a tropical fruit which got its name from the Malay word "rambut".

Rambut = hair (due the hairy look)

Therefore, “rambutan’ means “the Hairy fruit”.

Little Boy and the Rambutan Tree

A candid shot of my nephew when I called his name.

Little boy under the Rambutan Tree 2

Look at that cheeky smile!

I'm grateful to the Almighty that my nephews still have the chance to live where trees are like friendly arms that hug us and keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment