Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Sunday, May 11, 2008

1,2,3...............I Caught My First Squids!

When a friend suggested this trip to the Island of Kapas, Terengganu for Squid-catching, I specifically signed on for this experience of a lifetime. Not knowing at all what to expect.

Me on board

Me sitting on the deck trying NOT to feel the rhythm of the sea.

What went in my mind was "Will I get seasick?" or "Will I catch any squid?" considering I never managed to catch a fish when I was a kid "helping" my uncles at the small river by my grandmother's house. I ended up being the "bait preparer" only back then.

Me and my first Squid

I did catch my squids! Alas the tiniest 3 squids of the night belonged to me.

The rest of the night was spent in frustration for not catching anymore squids and of course........... the seasickness. This experience made me grateful for my job in the factory. Fishermen are so full of resilience having to go through this night after night.

I woke up to the sound of my friend's voice telling us all that we were heading back to the island as the squids kind of stopped surfacing.

Felt all dizzy and my head was throbbing from the seasickness. Thanks Heaven for this MP4 player.

I dedicate 1000 Meere to myself

I dedicated 1000 Meere from Tokio Hotel to myself......Wir müssen nur noch 1000 Meere weit!

Here's the full song:

No comments:

Post a Comment