Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why do Men see everything as a competition?

The title of the post itself says it all.

I have encountered this kind of male bahaviour for the umpteenth time. Something happened on my way home from work last Thursday which annoys me to bits till today.

I was driving with the Stereo blasting as usual. At that particular moment, the song Ready Steady Go from L'arc En Ciel was playing. Then I had to approach a traffic light and I stopped by a red Ford car with a male driver. He turned to look at me with a cigarette in his hand. I turned my face the other way as I found the way he loked at me disturbing. A few seconds later, I heard loud beats from HIS car speakers blasting over my music.

Oh! Pleeeeaaase. Why did he have to turn HIS volume up loud JUST BECAUSE someone else was listening to hers loud? How superficial is that? I mean, he was fine driving without the loud beats, then I wheezed next to him and he started to Bam! Bam! Bam!

Did he think I was challenging him? Hey, I play my music loud all the time because I love my music. What's HIS reason? If he liked his music loud, then why didn't he play it to the max even before I was there?

It's the same thing with men who drive slow and then start to rev and speed up when I take over his car. It's so superficial.

The only good thing about the situation was I had this song as the soundtrack of that moment.



Ready, Steady, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment