Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Me and the Pink Lilies

My alarm didn't make a sound today. Don't know why. Was I in such a deep slumber that I couldn't hear a thing?


Decided to capture a few moments outside.


Ah-ha! The Pink Lilies are blooming. I have always loved these flowers since I was a kid.


Many of the plants and trees from my childhood sadly ceased to exist around here as more houses are being built and more earth is getting covered by gravel and tar because people associate earth with dirt. The chiku trees which used to surround my house and whose sweet fruits used to provide a decent living for some are ALL gone now.


The Pink Lilies are the only ones bravely surviving and I pray they will continue to. I learn a lot from them. Who would have thought that something that seem so delicate and fragile on the outside turn out to be the one that can stand the test of time?

I am a Pink Lily now.

No comments:

Post a Comment