Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Me and My Avatar

A friend whom I invited to see this blog asked "Is that your picture?" referring to the girl standing serenely in the wind at the top of the page.

Oh, how I wish that was me. As I'm not that advanced in website and blog tools design stuff, I have to rely on free things I can get of the Net. I fell in love with this layout the first time I saw it at Final Sense. The "Girl In The Wind" visuals convey everything I want about this online diary of mine. She looks so at peace with herself and her surroundings.


Maybe one day I will have enough courage to say goodbye to her and replace this layout with something original on my own. That'll be hard because I've seen her as part of me. I'm that sentimental, aren't I?


This is an exagerrated version of the real me. Brown eyes but not this big. Hairstyle here actually borrows from JLo and Beyonce (I don't have this in real life). Some tinting for the grey hair with red henna (yes, I've had greys sprouting out since age 18). Arched eyebrows. Curly lashes. Big lips. Flat-bridged round-tipped nose. Beauty marks at, fortunately, strategic places.

I tried to come up with an avatar for me. Yes, you've met this version of me in a previous post. I can't afford any high-end professional illustration softwares. Thus I created this using the Drawing Tools in Microsoft Excel. Man! I wish Bill Gates would pay me for putting in good words about his product.

No comments:

Post a Comment