Pages

Words of Wisdom

In life, we have to choose between the jeans and the cookie jar. Liz Hurley chose the jeans and I chose the cookie jar

~ Nigella Lawson....(on women's body image and her own voluptuous body)

Friday, May 16, 2008

Pink Flower Garden Theme Patchwork Bag

I made this bag for a friend who wanted something girly and what could be more girly than flowery pink?

Intan Bag 1Intan Bag 2Intan Bag 9Intan Bag 3Intan Bag 8Intan Bag 7Intan Bag 6Intan Bag 4Intan Bag 5

I originally wanted to put ivory coloured buttons in the middle of these flowers but she preferred the Pink YoYo Flowers which she felt give more accent to the flowers.

I machine-embroidered her name on a piece of cloth and hand-sewed it on the bag. Quite labour-intensive but the result makes me happy.

Since the bag had been handsewn at the piping, I was able to make this a reversible bag. You can turn it inside out just fine.

Must admit that the embroidery is very amateurishly home-made.....haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment